The creators of the Data Ethics Guide want to highlight the issues surrounding ethics and make them manageable for companies that work with AI technology. They introduce different concepts of how ethics can be researched within a company. They do this through questions that help determine the current ethical situation.
What you should know before reading further:
- Process phase: Design phase
- System component: Entire application, use of the application, context AI system
- Price: freely available
The preparation mainly involves going through the guide to clearly understand why certain questions are important to the method.
The questions presented fall into three categories:
- Ethics by design: these are questions that ensure that ethics are included in the design of the application.
- Ethics of use: these are questions that focus on how the product can be used. Here, for example, it is examined whether a product can be used by everyone.
- Societal ethics: these questions are intended to evaluate what the social impact of the AI application can be.
The guide then gives a number of questions that make it possible to deal with these categories.
The guide itself is not a practical tool, but you can see it as a way to evaluate what ethical impact the AI application can have. By asking the right questions during consultations, you ensure that ethics become a conscious part of the design.
|Waarden zoals benoemd
in de tool
This tool was not developed by the Knowledge Center Data & Society. We describe the tool on our website because it can help you deal with ethical, legal or social aspects of AI applications. The Knowledge Center is not responsible for the quality of the tool.